18 November 2009

OMG guys!! MINI PIZZAS are AWESOME!!!

Dudes! So I was smoking a bowl with my roommate last night, when I got the uncontrollable urge to eat something (very strange and unusual). So I walked into the kitch, went to the cupboard, and suddenly! A bolt of lightening struck just outside the window, followed by the clap of thunder, and it was then that I invented...MINI PIZZAS.

Equip:
~Baking sheet
~Mixing bowl
~Measurin' cups
~cheese grater (don't tell me you don't have one. I got mine at Value Village, and so can you)

Vittles:
~Easy Biscuits (See "Hobo Hot Pockets" - flour, salt, baking soda, futter, milk - I use soy)
~Pizza sauce
~Cheese, please
~Pizza toppins!
~Oregano

OK, So I didn't invent them at all, I just devised a new cheap/easy way to make em!

Anyway, remember the cheesy biscuits? You might remember them better as "Hobo Hot Pockets," but anyway, remember when we made those? This is another delicious variant on those, so to make mini pizzas, just whip up a batch of those biscuits.

NOW, with a lot of flour on your hands, separate small golf-ball sized blobs of dough and knead them a bit, then flatten them out on a baking sheet so they are nice and round and about 1/4 inch thick. You know, like how a disc of uncooked pizza dough looks, only smaller. For that oh-so-authentic taste/texture, you could also sprinkle a little corn meal on your baking sheet so it coats the bottom of the crust. Awwe, yeah!

THEN, you pour some pizza sauce on there. You can really use whatever - the ghetto-est among us might use that leftover can of pasta sauce sitting in the back of the fridge. Others among us (myself) might be a bit more of a sauce-snob, and so would use one of the many cheap, pre-packaged options your grocery has to offer you - they are all pretty good but I like the Boboli brand - I've never been to a store that didn't have it.

OK, then I like to shake on a lil' oregano if you got it, because then it has that nice pizza-herby smell, and the little green flakes make it look fancier.

Then, sprinkle on some shredded cheese of whatever variety you have/like. I used cheddar, because that's all I had, but I suppose ideally you'd want Mozzarella...
However, if you wanna make these babies vegan (the biscuits are vegan if you use margarine and soy milk), just cook them with the sauce and other toppings, and about 2 minutes before you take em out of the oven, sprinkle some nutritional yeast** on top!

Anyway, also this would be the time to put on any other toppings you might have lying around, maybe a tin of sliced black olives, some frozen sliced mushrooms, or a package of pepperoni even!

Once it's all topped, pop those suckers in the oven at 400 degrees, and bake for 12ish minutes (more or less depending on the hotness of your oven...some ovens are shittier than others).

Let them cool before you eat them, they are motherfawkin' HOT!!!

*a word about nutritional yeast: I know you're thinkin it sounds gross, but it's really not. You can get it in the bulk aisle for retardedly cheap! It's a yellow flaky substance that is rich in B-Vitamins and has a cheesy flavour. It is actually pretty good. Don't be afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment